Who can skate at the club?
The club only accepts new members who are children. There are no lessons for adults.
What programs are available for my skater?
CanSkate is Skate Canada's flagship program for beginner skaters aged 5 to 17.
- Children aged 3-4 are invited to join the pre-CanSkate program.
- No private sessions are available for CanSkate level skaters unless they are also enrolled in a CanSkate program at the club.
- Once the skater completes all 6 badges/achievements, they move to the STAR program.
What is the difference between Group and Private lessons?
- Group - Skaters are taught in groups by coaches paid by the club
- Private - Skaters of similar levels practice on their own with the aid of a private coach chosen and paid by the skater. The club provides ice time only. Please read this guide that explains private coaching.
When can I register?
There are two seasons and two registration periods: Winter and Summer. Winter registration is August-September, and summer registration is May-June. Space is very limited. Returning members are given priority, followed by new members who are TMR/Glenmount residents, and then all others.
How can I register?
Each season (Winter or Summer) has a page in the Registration tab of the main menu with all instructions. The first step is to create an account. Instructions can be found in the Registration menu.
All sessions are full and I'm on the waiting list!
The club is very popular and ice-time is in great demand. We prioritize space for returning members and TMR and Glenmount residents, but we unfortunately have many children on the waiting list every year. Catching the registration period at the right time is the key to securing a spot.
It's important that you place your child on the waitlist. The lists tend to move significantly as the season start approaches. Being on the waitlist means you will be contacted for the upcoming season's registration in advance.
Who runs the club?
The club is a private organization run by a volunteer board of directors. It works in close collaboration with the Town of Mount Royal Recreation Department to provide a service to residents.