2019-20 Winter Registration
- Jul 21 (08:00) - Early CanSkate and STAR registration for returning members
- Jul 21 (08:00) - Early Pre-CanSkate registration for all TMR (and Glenmount) residents
- Aug 18 (08:00) - Registration opens for all TMR (and Glenmount) residents
- Aug 25 (08:00) - Registration opens for all
- Sep 3 - Season opens for all STAR PRIVATE sessions only
- Sep 9 - Season opens for STAR GROUP sessions
- Sep 14 - Season opens for CanSkate GROUP sessions
- Mar 11 - CanSkate season ends
- Mar 14 - Apr 24 - Ice Show practices
- Apr 24-25 - Ice Show
- May 15 - Season ends
- May 16 - Club Tests / Centralized Tests
What Level is My Skater?
CanSkate is Skate Canada's flagship program for skaters aged 5 to 17. Once the skater completes all 6 badges/achievements, they move to the STAR program. Children aged 3-4 are invited to join the pre-CanSkate program.Skaters in the STAR program (Skills, Tests, Achievement, Recognition) are divided into groups (Pre-Junior, Junior, Inter and Senior) based on the Skate Canada tests passed . The club adjusts the test criteria each year based on skater demographics. See grid below for details.
Ice ScheduleThe full schedule is available here. The types of sessions available are described below:
- Group - Skaters are taught in groups by coaches paid by the club.
- Private - Skaters of similar levels practice on their own with the aid of a private coach paid by the skater. The club provides ice time only. Please read this guide that explains private coaching.
- Off-ice - Skaters are taught in groups off-ice (in the activity room) by a specialized coach paid by the club.
Step 1: Create/Update your Family Profile
- Click here for instructions to create a family account if first time.
- Verify your account to ensure all family account and participant (skater) information is correct.
Step 2: Register for Sessions
|Pre-CanSkate||Skaters aged 3 & 4.||Register|
Skaters aged 5 to 17. CanSkate badges 0-6.
All sessions are full. Next registration period opens on the spring.
|Pre-Junior||Passed CanSkate badge 6 up to STAR 2.||Register|
|Junior||Passed STAR 2 tests in 2 disciplines (freestyle required) up to STAR 5.||Register|
|Inter||Passed Senior Bronze tests in 2 disciplines (freestyle required).||Register|
|Senior||Passed Junior Silver tests in 2 disciplines (freestyle required).||Register|
- A one-time $60 Club Membership will be automatically added to your invoice for each registered participant skating.
- TMR residents can add the TMR Resident Subscription for a 33% discount on sessions.
Step 3: Add Additional Equipment (Recommended)
- Purchase the club uniform from our store.
- Locker rentals are handled by the the TMR Recreation Department during the fall/winter season. Click here for details.
Step 4: Checkout and Pay (via Credit Card)
- Proceed to checkout. Verify your order before paying.
- An invoice will be emailed to you using the email address in your profile. Please verify it to make sure it's correct.
- Level changes for advancing skaters will be offered during the season, as space permits.
- Sessions will be cancelled on all municipal holidays, during statutory holidays and on Club Test Days (dates to be announced).
- The club reserves the right to cancel a session due to insufficient registration.
- Full refund of regular season fees prior to the first day of the season (less non-refundable club membership fees)
- Refund 75% of fees before the end of September, 50% before the end of the October, and no refund afterward.
- All requests for refunds must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.