2021-22 Fall / Winter Registration
- Aug 15 (08:00) - Early registration for PRIVATE sessions for returning members
- Aug 22 (08:00) - Registration opens for PRIVATE sessions for all TMR (and Glenmount) residents
- Aug 29 (08:00)- Registration opens for PRIVATE sessions for all
- Aug 30 - Season opens for PRIVATE sessions only
- Oct 3 (08:00) - GROUP session registration opens for returning members.
- Oct 10 (08:00) - GROUP session registration opens for all TMR (and Glenmount) residents
- Oct 24 (08:00) - GROUP session registration opens for all.
- Nov 1 - Season opens for GROUP sessions
- May 14 - Season ends
What Level is My Skater?
CanSkate is Skate Canada's flagship program for skaters aged 5 to 17. Once the skater completes all 6 badges/achievements, they move to the STAR program. Children aged 3 and 4 are invited to join the pre-CanSkate program.Skaters in the STAR program (Skills, Tests, Achievement, Recognition) are divided into groups (Pre-Junior, Junior, Inter and Senior) based on the Skate Canada tests passed (STAR 1-10). The club adjusts the test criteria each year based on skater demographics. See grid further below for details.
The types of sessions available are described below:
- Group - Skaters are taught in groups by coaches paid by the club
- Private - Skaters of similar levels practice on their own with the aid of a private coach paid by the skater. The club provides ice time only. Please read this guide that explains private coaching. Private lessons lessons are NOT offered for CanSkate skaters without a group lesson.
- Off-ice - Skaters are taught in groups off-ice (in the activity room) by a specialized coach paid by the club.
Step 1: Create/Update your Family Profile
- Click here for instructions to create a family account if first time.
- Verify your account to ensure all family account and participant (skater) information is correct.
Step 2: Register for Sessions
|Pre-CanSkate||Skaters aged 3 & 4.||Register|
|CanSkate||Skaters aged 5 to 17. CanSkate badges 0-6. 1 Group session per skater.||Register|
|Pre-Junior||Passed CanSkate badge 6 up to STAR 2.||Register|
|Junior||Passed STAR 2 tests in 2 disciplines (freestyle required) up to STAR 5.||Register|
|Inter||Passed STAR 6 (Senior Bronze) tests in 2 disciplines (freestyle required).||Register|
|Senior||Passed STAR 8 (Junior Silver) tests in 2 disciplines (freestyle required).||Register|
- An annual $60 Club Membership will be automatically added to your invoice for each registered participant skating.
- TMR residents can add the TMR Resident Subscription for a 33% discount on sessions.
Step 3: Add Additional Equipment (Optional)
- Purchase the club uniform from our store.
- Locker rentals are handled by the the TMR Recreation Department during the fall/winter season. Click here for details.
- The club will run an equipment fitting day on-site to distribute all equipment sold.
Step 4: Checkout and Pay (via Credit Card)
- Proceed to checkout. Verify your order before paying.
- An invoice will be emailed to you using the email address in your profile. Please verify it to make sure it's correct.
- Level changes for advancing skaters will be offered during the season, as space permits.
- Sessions will be cancelled on all municipal holidays, during statutory holidays and on Club Test Days (dates to be announced).
- The club reserves the right to cancel a session due to insufficient registration.
- Full refund of regular season fees prior to the first day of the season (less non-refundable club membership fees)
- Refund 75% of fees before the end of September, 50% before the end of the October, and no refund afterward.
- All requests for refunds must be made by email to email@example.com.